Thursday, May 1, 2008

knock, knock

you open the door, but no one is there...


just a sweet little homemade basket of flowers and candy...







This was a fun tradition we had when we were kids. Every year on May 1st, we would come home after school, make the little cone baskets out of construction paper (or whatever else we could fin around the house), then fill them with little flowers and pieces of candy (again, whatever we could find around the house). Then, we would deliver them to our friends' doorsteps, ring the doorbell, and run! It was equally exciting to find these small gifts on our own doorsteps.

I guess this is a tradtion of days past. First of all, I wouldn't let my girls go running around the neighborhood like I used to. Second, I don't think anyone would know what it meant. Oh well, at least I have the memory!

Happy May Day!

2 comments:

Olivers Twist, Oklahoma said...

HAPPY MAY DAY!!!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I remember doing this when I was young, too. It is sad that we can't anymore...

Fun memory!

Love,
Lisa