Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I am mother, hear me roar!

My friend Jill challenged me with this one. It took me a week to come up with it, but I believe it suits me well. Here's how it works...

1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play


Two things: When it comes to home and family, I am bossy AND I can yell really loud.

I've labeled myself 4th generation bossy. I've already decided that at least one of my daughters will carry on this legacy (the eldest, for sure). My sister and brother can both speak for my self-proclaimed leadership abilities as well. As much time as I spend with my mother these days, it's funny to see how she's sounding more and more like her mother. Oh, what Shayne has to look forward too!

I tell my kids not to stand at the top of the stairs and yell for me, but then I do the same thing. When I'm trying to get their attention, I go for the startle factor. Sweet little Bethany has definitely been exposed to this a lot more than her sisters had at this age - not because I'm yelling at her, but because she's usually nearby when I get after her sisters. Last week, I had a volume of voice come out of me that I didn't know I was capable of. I won't get into the details - I'll just tell you that they "disappeared", and when I found them... Afterwards, I told them that my anger was a direct result of fear and panic, and then I apologized and hugged them tight. (btw, I think I get the yelling from my dad)

Neither one of these traits I'm particularly proud of, unfortunately they're in my genes. I just need to learn how to better control them!



Now I am passing to YOU the challenge of creating YOUR own six word memoir!

4 comments:

Jill said...

i love it! thanks for doing it...you did a great job.
i too can yell pretty loud and am trying to work on it.

Random Trails said...

Way to go, Shannon. Bringing into the light is healthy. You've got it right. :-) Dad

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

You don't strike me as bossy or loud. I am not sure I believe it. You're one of the calmest ladies I know.

Good for you tackling Jill's assignment. I'm tardy on turning mine in...

Love,
Lisa

Jaime said...

I cannot seem to come up with mine either. The perfect 6 words will probaly come to me in 6 months when no one will care because they have long since forgotten the assignment. YOu did an excellent job!