Saturday, May 3, 2008

my coffee

The other night, Katie had a hard time getting to sleep. The next morning, she was having a hard time getting out of bed. Jokingly I asked her if she wanted some coffe, she replied "can I?", I said "of course not!". Then she asked if she could have some of my tea instead. I've never been coffee drinker myself, but in the last 6 months, I've gotten hooked on Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla White Chai Tea. I doctor it up with honey and milk, and it gives me just enough of a kick to start my day. I proceeded to prepare a cup for myself and for Katie. She was only able to drink about half of it before she ran out the door for school. She left the cup with Anna, who decided after a taste, that it wasn't her thing. Bethany sees both her sisters drinking it so she decides she wants to try it too. I pour a little bit into her plastic cup and leave it for her to sip, then I walk out of the room. When I come back a minute later, she's not sitting at the table, so I assume she's done. I start clearing her dishes and she comes running after me, shouting "my coffee, my coffee", almost in tears. I couldn't help but laugh. I gave her the cup back, she set it back down on her table, then never touched it again. Shayne's bound and determined to raise coffee drinkers, but it's still way to early for that!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I remember my Dad gave me coffee occasionally before I was school age. I loved coffee and still do. I have tried to get Beck to drink it but he tells me it smells "dirty". It is never to early to start. My mom reminds me that that is all they drank in the morning when they were growing up. Times change, I guess. You could offer decaff. The tea sounds pretty yummy too.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Does that mean I should stop serving coffee to Bethany when she's over here on Mondays????

Love,
Lisa