Wednesday, April 2, 2008

sisters for sale

Last night was the Talent Show at Katie's school. After much preparation, costume design, stage decoration, and practice, practice, practice, we were ready for the show. Katie was a little nervous, Anna was a little nervous, and Bethany was just along for the fun!

back stage at the dress rehearsal:

on stage at the the morning assembly:

and finally, the performnce:


For Sale
by Shel Silverstein
One sister for sale!
One sister for sale!
One crying and spying young sister for sale!
I’m really not kidding,
So who’ll start the bidding?
Do I hear the dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh, isn’t there, isn’t there, isn’t there any
One kid that will buy this old sister for sale,
This crying and spying young sister for sale?


Katie recited this poem last year at our church family retreat. When she decided to audition for the school talent show, we thought this would be perfect (and original), and the music teachers agreed! The last thing she said as we were leaving was "I wish it wasn't over". I wonder what she'll come up with for next year...

THANKS TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WHO CAME TO WATCH THE SHOW IN PERSON!!!

7 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

How cute! I love Shel Silverstein. I used to read him all the time when I was young and thought he was SO funny.
Great job Katie!

Jill said...

so cute...way to go katie!

April said...

That's so cute! Katie's been talking about it in her lesson and she didn't mention it once yesterday! Ha!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Okay, I'll buy one! :o)

They look darling and I know it was so fun for them. So proud of Katie's courage. I would never have done that...

I love the close bond your girls share.

Jaime said...

Sorry we missed the live performance, but enjoyed the recorded one. They are darling!

Random Trails said...

Real Proud!