Wednesday, April 9, 2008

more grown-up things...

My friend Stacey replied to one of my recent posts and said I need to find more grown-up things to be excited about. Well, how's this-

We had plans (after a stressful week) to go out to dinner on Friday night as a family, then Mom & I were going to do our own thing for a little while. Coincidentally, I received a belated birthday check in the mail from my Aunt Judy & Uncle Mark (thank you!!). Perfect opportunity for shopping!!! I've never been a big Steinmart shopper, but Mom wanted to go, so off we went. I found the cutest purse for 30% off and a pair off funky sandals for 80% off. I think my total was about $35.

Then we went next door to Starbucks for some beverages. I love their White Berry Blossom Tea with honey and milk - I convinced my mom to try one too, and of course we had to have a little dessert - carrot cake (not too guilty). I also bought Shayne their Vintage Country CD. Mom and I had a nice time, and I know Shayne loved the time he had at home with the girls.

Stacey - is this more age appropriate? :)

4 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hey Shannon~

I am so glad you had this time to get out of the house and be with your mom. I know you put your family first and have little time for just YOU and the whole idea is foreign and uncomfortable. I admire your dedication and unselfish ways.

Thanks for sharing your fun finds. I've been admiring the new purse!

Love,
Lisa

Jaime said...

I saw you with that purse Tuesday and wanted to tell you it was cute. I love Steinmart, but it isn't the most "stroller-friendly" store, so I don't get there often. What a fun time you and your mom had! Starbucks always completes an evening out in my book.

Jill said...

girl time is fun, and needed! glad you had a good night.

Jcbaron99 said...

I think your very grown up Shannon!!
It's great that you got to go spend time with just your mom. I know those times are precious and far between!!
Love the purse - I've been lurking on a few at etsy.com - just can't make up my mind. Love that you shared your find finds!!