Friday, April 4, 2008

NKOTB...

Only if you're a dork (like me) will you know what that means.

My mom came to the top of the stairs this morning and said why are you screaming?

I said "thenewkidsontheblockareonthetodayshowandthey'regetting
backtogetherandthey'redoingaconcertinmay!"


Confession: yes, I owned several of their albums on cassette, including the Christmas one, and yes, I had several posters hanging on my walls, and yes, I saw them in concert.

here they are back in 1986:

here they are in 2008:

They turned out pretty well, didn't they?

Anyone else want to make a confession?

5 comments:

Stacey said...

oh, you poor thing! you should really grow up and start getting excited about more adult things.

like the real world 20th anniversary award show!

hee hee!

p.s. i was not nkotb then, but i could be now! :)

April said...

I LOVED them so much!! I wanted to marry Jordan!!! Are they making a new cd? I'm so going to buy it!

myra said...

I saw them too on the Today show. Back in the day I loved them too. So I'll admit I heart Joey! Don't tell Patrick. He's got enough fun making ammo already ;)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Must admit I kind of missed the obsession...Even though we're close in age, I was more in love with Adam Ant and Duran Duran. We won't talk about the hairbands, either. :o)

Pull out your tee shirt and enjoy the come back!!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Alright. So I've been behind not only on updating my blog, but reading others'.

But I have to tell you, Mark thinks I'm a loon because of this exact thing! I almost never turn on TV in the mornings since we don't have one in the bedroom, but I happened upon the NKOTB reunion news and will be sure to turn on the show this Friday for the concert!