Friday, March 28, 2008

message received!

As I was doing my 15 minutes of morning yoga, I was reflecting on my day yesterday and recalling everything that needed to be done today. (Wait a minute - in yoga you're supposed to have a clear head, aren't you?) I said a short prayer to God that He send me something I needed to hear. (I subscribe to daily e-mail devotionals through the Upper Room.)

Today's scripture:
Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

I would definitely say that was an answer to a prayer, and a quick one at that!!! What a blessing it is to be a child of God!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

since i eavsdrop, i heard it too! :)

Jcbaron99 said...

Thank you for posting this Shannon. I totally needed it. I've ben repeating it to myself all day yesterday/night. I'm trying hard to be positive but I'm REALLY having a hard time with this for some reason. I'm just so done and tired I think. Anyway, Thanks!
Love,
Cristie

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I meditate on this one a lot!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Love,
Lisa