Sunday, March 16, 2008

dum dum da dum

March 15th will forever be doubly joyful. Not only is it my own birthday, but now it will be the anniversary of our good friends - Mark & Tamra.
They have both been so special to us over the past few years. Miss Tamra is our Children's Minister and now former neighbor. The girls love her (and so do we!). Mark and Shayne spend a lot of time together doing guy stuff - lunchin', huntin', fishin', etc., and he has introduced us to lots of food that we might not have had the opportunity to try otherwise - all of which he has caught and/or killed with his own hands.

I remember when I first heard that they were "hanging out" together... I remember one night we were eating at his house for dinner and she showed up - Katie was a little surprised to see them side by side on the couch holding hands... I remember his birthday dinner and going back to his house for cake and gifts - the best gift was a big surprise! It's been wonderful to see their love bloom.


What an awesome day for a wedding! I'm so glad our family was able to be a part of it. I'll certainly never forget their anniversary!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

the west family looks so pretty (and handsome!)!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

It was a fun weekend, for sure! You all looked great. I am sure M & T were blessed by your friendship and support through all of this...

xoxo,
L