Sunday, April 20, 2008

anniversary

There's always a reason to celebrate, right?

Today is the one year anniversary of my Mom's car accident. She was driving home from work on a 2-lane road when the guy in the big red pick-up truck swerved into her lane and hit her head on. The worst of her injuries was a compound fracture at her ankle. It could have been worse... they said she's lucky to be alive, and we thank God for that! We thank all those who prayed for her recovery, and I thank my friends who helped with my kids so I could be with her. She's had 12 months of adjustment, including some major changes in home, job, and relationships, but we're very glad she's here with us now (literally, here in SA).


And that's why we choose to celebrate this anniversary. What would we do without Nana?!?

3 comments:

Stacey said...

OH MY, I didn't know it was that bad! Thank goodness she is here today!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

That picture sends chills up my spine. So happy things weren't worse. God is good.

Olivers Twist, Oklahoma said...

April 28 and I'm just now reading your blog. What I am MOST thankful for are Shannon and Shayne making me feel SAFE by welcoming me into their home. It would have been a very lonely journey this past year had it not been for their constant and faithful prayer life. How fortunate and blessed am I???? AND thanks to all of their friends who kept us all in their prayers. Now you can turn your prayers to Shayne, that 5 women don't WEAR HIM OUT.