Monday, April 12, 2010

dinnertime - edition 3

menu: Stouffer's Express - Chicken Rigatoni (a new family fave!) and bluberry applesauce

We are all recovering from a busy 10 days. We've had family coming and going, lots of food and drink, lots of linens to wash, lots of activity... hopefully we'll all be back into our routine in the next few days!

When I picked up Bethany at preschool, she was being carried by her teacher and crying big, real tears. She had fallen on the way back in from the playground and scraped her knee up pretty bad. The Dora mermaid bandage made it better! She was also V E R Y tired. Since she wouldn't let me touch her knee, I just let her soak in the tub in lieu of quiet time. Her favorite time of day is 3:00 p.m. - that's when her sisters get home from school! I feel very blessed as a parent to have 3 children who truly enjoy being together most of the time.

Katie had some exciting news today. The music teachers selected her (and her friend Hailey) to emcee the teacher talent show next month. They have been most supportive of the girls as they prepare for their trip to D.C. this summer. They wanted to give them this opportunity to be in the spotlight, especially since they are moving on to middle school next year. (yikes!) Katie also had a special visitor to her class - her teacher has been out on maternity leave. She came to visit today with the baby. She'll be returning to work in the next weeke or so.

Anna came home very happy today, for no particular reason, which makes mommy very happy! She said they had a fun art project - tissue paper flowers, and they read The True Story of the Three Little Pigs AND part of Junie B. Jones Something Smells Fishy. Continuing their study of Egypt, their project this week is to make a sarcophogas (when I was 7, I din't know what that was). She has to create the design on the outside, and wrap the mummy for the inside. Art is totally her thing, books being a close second, so I guess that explains her good mood! Love it!

I spent a good part of the day sorting another to bags of hand-me-downs. We are so lucky, but sometimes I feel bad that my kids rarely have anything new. I guess I shouldn't worry about it until they worry about it. I'm sure it will come soon enough!

1 comment:

Random Trails said...

Wonderful. Shannon's on a roll now with the blogs! 4 delightful females. :-) Grand Bob