Friday, April 24, 2009

horsin' around

Katie met her lofty goal this year and earned a weekend at horse camp (FREE!). Even though I'm not the official troop leader any more, I was able to go because I am the designated first aider. I think I had just as much fun as she did. I've been on trail rides here and there over the years, but never any formal training. We learned a little bit about everything - nutrition, equipment, grooming, and of course, riding. We did not go on a trail ride, but we did spend quite a bit of time in the corral. We practiced starting and stopping, following and leading, balancing and more! It was pretty cool. Katie was beside herself with giddyness because she had never been on a horse before (other than pony rides). It was a terrific experience for both of us.

Thanks to everyone who supported us by buying Girl Scout cookies.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

what a neat opportunity!