Thursday, December 6, 2007

remembering Omaha

I spent most of my childhood in Omaha, and have many, many memories of being at Westroads mall... my mom working at Younkers department store... visiting Santa and seeing all the Christmas decorations... dining at Bishop's Cafeteria with my grandparents... hanging out with my friends when I was a pre-teen... and, of course, many, many shopping trips. I still have family up there and am thankful that everyone is o.k. They've said the city has just been turned upside-down. When things like this happen, it's always upsetting, but it hurts so much more when it's something you know so well. Please keep everyone in your prayers during this difficult time. Y

1 comment:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I have goosebumps, Shannon, knowing you relate so well to this place. This tragedy was so senseless and is one of those reminders that we need to make the most of every moment.

Praying for those who are forever impacted...

Lisa