Tuesday, September 9, 2008

sort of...

One of Anna's homework asignments this week was to find things around the house to sort - by size, shape, and/or color. I thought I might use this as an opportunity to get a little help with the housework, so I asked her to sort the basket of clean socks and underwear. She went along with it and called me in about 10 minutes later to see her finished work. Might I say that she did an excellent job, but it wasn't exactly what I had in mind... Did she sort by size? Nope. Did she sort by shape? Nope. Did she sort by color? Yep! There was a large pile of whites, and then several small piles of pinks, purples, greens, and multi-colored pieces. Good job Anna! Way to be creative!

Now I think I'll go finish sorting the laundry. :)

4 comments:

Chera said...

Anything that works...that's a great idea to get her to work on some skills using real life situations!

Jill said...

so creative...on both your parts :)

Unknown said...

Thinkin' outside that box!

Deborah said...

What a smart girl!