Monday, February 23, 2009

surprise visitor

busy week, sick kiddos, tired mommy… I settled myself into the upstairs couch, prepared for a long night of croupy coughing. Shayne had gone to the airport to give a co-worker a ride home after a late flight. A little while later, I heard his voice, along with more than one set of footsteps. I thought, "oh my goodness, did he bring this guy back to our house?" I sat up in my grogginess and had to blink twice before I realized it was my brother standing in front of me. My little brother that I hadn't seen in over 2 years!

Normally, I'm pretty hard to surprise. I'm not a sneaky person who snoops around and tries to figure things out, I just pick up on clues fairly easy. I knew that something was brewing, because Oliver had called to talk to Shayne, and there had been several suspicious topics of conversation. But, I wasn't expecting him to show up for another few weeks. I guess you could say they got me!

We already had a full weekend planned, so I did the best I could to squeeze in every minute with him. We stayed up way past my bedtime both nights. It was nice to just hang out, and let the kids interact with him. They always enjoy spending time with their aunts and uncles, because the visits are few and far between. Hopefully our next visit won't be too far off!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

so sweet!

Jaime said...

I am so glad you got to spend some time with him. And how nice to be surprised!!

Olivers Twist, Oklahoma said...

My sweet children...I have a new screen saver!!