Saturday, January 3, 2009

wrong address, WAY wrong!

got a phone call earlier this week from 501 area code... usually let these go to voice mail, thanks to caller ID, but the last name was familiar, so I answered it; it was NOT the familiar name I thought it to be... it was a cheerful man with a strong southern accent calling to say that he had mistakenly received a Christmas card from us; he hadn't noticed the return address before he opened it, along with other cards, and then realized it was not addressed to his family... he noticed the contact information that I had included, and decided to call us to let us know that our friends would not be receiving their card... so as I'm grasping what's going on, he says he lives in Mount Pleasant, Tennessee - the card was addressed to friends in Mount Pleasant, Texas; he confirmed that the card was addressed correctly - street name, house number, zip code, etc., the only thing that could have been questionable was my handwriting - TX or TN... you'd think the USPS would have looked at the zip code before they looked at the state abbreviation, you'd think... anyway, if you ever mail something and it doesn't get to it's destination, check to see if there's a state with a similar abbreviation and same city name! (kinda scary)

AND, Merry Christmas to our (only) friends in Mt. Pleasant, TEXAS... sorry I'm out of pics or I'd send another! we'll catch you next year! (thank goodness we have our blogs!)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

when curtis told me this, i thought it was too funny! oh well, guess you have a new friend in TN!