Monday, October 6, 2008

alligators and underwear

One of the things I failed at with Katie and Anna was documenting all the funny things they said as toddlers. I'm so glad I have this outlet now... to be able to "jot things down" and not worry about it looking good or being lost in the shuffle of papers and books.

We were walking into the church where Bethany takes music class. As we entered, she said "I want to go to the alligator". My mind immediately began the shuffling process... was there a picture of an alligator? (there are several murals along the walls of the children's wing)... was there a song about an alligator? Just a few steps in the door, I realized that just around the corner was the ELEVATOR. She loves to push the button and wait for the doors to open and shut. Now I know!

We have an older couple that lives a few doors down and they've always been very sweet to our family. They remember the girls' birthdays, have visited us in the hospital, and are always interested in how we're doing. We were driving down the street and saw him working in his yard. Bethany said "there's Mr. Underwear". Their name is UNDERWOOD. I haven't told them yet... I hope they don't mind. :)

1 comment:

Davilafullhouse said...

HA HA Joey say Alligator too. They are made for each other