Thursday, June 26, 2008

sidetracked...

My friend Stacey posted an idea for handling bathroom clutter - namely, hairbands. I had, coincidentally, just come up with a solution for our own clutter problem.

Obviously, with 3 girls (5 if you included my mom and I), we have our share of hair accessories... clips, clasps, pins, snaps, elastics, headbands, ribbons, and bows. All in addition to brushes, combs, product, and the standard hair appliances. The counter was always covered with miscellaneous tangled pieces, no to mention the loose hairs that come out with them.

Well, it's only been up for a day and a half, but it seems to be working...


It's just a simple $7 over the door shoe bag. I like the clear pockets because I can see what I'm looking for, and there were enough pockets to divide each style into it's own set. No more digging in the drawer or basket looking for the right size or color!

7 comments:

Jill said...

good idea. we are always losing ponytail holders...i think brody's taking them and using them on his own hair :)

Stacey said...

you know i love those door organizers since they are all over my house!

good thinking!

Jcbaron99 said...

Love it! I think I'm stealing that one.

Olivers Twist, Oklahoma said...

I only look old because my three kids have worn my ... thin!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea- I'll have to remember that when Zoe gets hair : )

Julie said...

LOVE the idea!

Random Trails said...

My children are soooo smart!