Monday, June 9, 2008

medina & the moose

Shayne and I, along with some friends, attended the Medina Children's Home Benefit dinner this year. We've been fortunate enough to attend several times over the last few years. It's truly amazing to see and hear all the home does. The testimonials of the mothers and children who live there are particularly touching.

Last year, Shayne won a bid on a lovely recliner in the silent auction. This year, we walked away with the memory of meeting someone very special. Shayne and I have both been life-long Dallas Cowboy fans. The guest of honor/speaker at this year's dinner happened to be Daryl Johnston! It was quite a thrill!

BUT, guess what... I handed a gentleman my camera to take a quick picture and he couldn't get it to work. THE BATTERY WAS DEAD - AARGH! I spent most of the evening fretting over the d-u-m-b camera and the missed photo op. Fortunately, there was a professional photographer there snapping shots (so Shayne wasn't upset with me for too long).











It was a memorable evening benefiting a worthwhile organization.

No comments: