Sunday, February 3, 2008

potty prep

We're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... the tunnel of diapers, that is. Bethany is SO ready to start training, I just need to make sure that WE (the mom and dad) are ready. Her birthday is in 10 days, and 24 months is about when I started working with both her big sisters. I've marked a week off my calendar to give her my undivided attention. I need to buy some M&M's and little foil star stickers. We've been watching potty movies and reading potty books, and I even showed her the pink training pants yesterday - her eyes lit up and she had a huge smile on her face! I think (and hope) that things will go smoothly!

old favorites:
Once Upon a Potty
Potty Time With Bear

new favorites:
Elmo's Potty Time
No More Diapers for Ducky

and of course... the pink panties!
Gerber Training Pants

3 comments:

Stacey said...

i know she will do great! and you too!

Jaime said...

Do you need your Dora potty seat back? Maybe we can come over and see how you do it. I have not achieved it yet with my THREE year old. Ugh....help. I will check out some of your favorites...maybe they will help me too.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Good luck!!! I've had fantastic breakthroughs with Lindy over the past three days. I see the light at the end of the tunnel (except for the nighttime which is not a big concern for me). However, I hope I didn't just jinx myself...

Oh the joys...
Lisa