Thursday, February 21, 2008

mish mash

Here's a bunch of random stuff I wanted to share and didn't want to do a separate post for each...

2/6 Talent Show Auditions - Katie tried out for her school's 1st annual talent show. They did the auditions by grade and said they would choose the top 20. More than half the 3rd grade tried out - that's 100+ kids! She read her own version of the Shel Silverstein poem "For Sale". (She also did this at our church family retreat last summer). We were doubtful that she made the cut due to the large number of auditioners, so we were very excited when we found out she was in!

2/7 MOMS Club Meeting - the San Antonio Public Library's Little Read Wagon came to visit and share literacy information with us. I have a passion for children's books, so I love these opportunities. The best part - we get free books! My favorite this time was Please, Baby, Please. The pictures are adorable and we can definitely relate to the story line.

2/7 "P" day at preschool - They focus on a new letter each week, but this one came with great anticipation. Anna wore her pajamas and took her pillow and ate popcorn for snack. Here's the bad news - I didn't get a picture. (bad mommy, bad mommy)

2/8 Movie Night - woo-hoo! I don't remember the last time I've been to a grown-up movie. I think I'm averaging about one per year. My mom and I saw Fool's Gold. It was entertaining, but not quite what we were expecting. A little less like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, a little more like Indiana Jones. Wonder what I'll get to see next year...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank goodness your mother is here....so I don't have to sit through movies like that!

XO

Jcbaron99 said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy despite the stomach bug. Glad you are all better!
John and I actually saw Fool's Gold the other night - my first movie too and probably the last until next year - definitely wasn't like the other movies they were in together. It was cute but a little silly at times. John was a VERY tolerant husband that night :-)