Thursday, February 21, 2008

growing up

Bethany had her 2 year old checkup last week. She weighed 24 lbs. and measured 34 in. tall. She had to get one shot and all she said (in a sad little voice) was "ow". No tears, just ow. When the nurse was leaving the room, she said to us "have a nice day", to which Bethany responded (in a sad little voice), "thank you".

Potty training is going well. Only one small accident today. Most of the time, I just take her to the potty, but several times today she said "potty" to me. Of course, the mini-m&ms and stickers help too. We're very proud of her.

AND, she graduated from her crib to the big girl bed last week. She's having a little trouble settling in at night, but she sleeps solid once she's out. This morning she slept until 7:30. When she wakes up, she comes to the door and knocks lightly until someone opens it. As you can tell, the pacifier is still in the picture. Thanks to Ms Charity for the cozy fleecy blanket - the colors are perfect!


I've been asked many times if I'm sad that my baby's growing up. I don't really feel like it's the end of something. I'm so happy to watch my girls develop and grow. My challenge is trying to provide the same opportunities for Anna that I did for Katie, and the same for Bethany that I did for Anna. So far, I think I'm doing alright. I'm glad I have THIS outlet to track our memories!

p.s. if you know anyone who needs a crib, let me know!

2 comments:

Jill said...

so sweet. i think she looks a lot like anna in that picture.

Jcbaron99 said...

Very cute. Maybe some of her potty training could rub off on Noah - he is just CHOOSING not to do it. He tells me I don't want to 50% of the time. Figure I have until Sept. when he goes to preschool - because he IS going to preschool
:-). I enjoy all the new things my kids do too as they grow up. Not so sad.