Thursday, January 10, 2008

ice skating

Last week I took the girls (+ a friend) on our 2nd annual Christmas break ice skating outing. When you only go once a year, it takes you awhile to get your bearings. It's a fun outing for the girls and it's great exercise too! Of course, when I was a kid, I actually had my own skates and could go to the local creek or pond.


Katie got comfortable pretty quick. She went slow and steady and only fell a few times.







Anna took about an hour to get warmed up. In the hour and a half that we were there she made it around the rink 3 times (with my help)... but she didn't fall once!





And of course, it's big fun to hang around and watch the zamboni!

3 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

My kids love to go ice skating too. I can hardly make it around the rink though - it's pretty sad. But John is somewhat good on ice skates thankfully! Looks like they had a good time!
Cristie

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Love the zamboni!!! I only ice skated once as a child and would break into 1000 pieces now if I tried. Love to watch it, though.

Looks like you had lots of fun!

Lisa

Stacey said...

is that a look of joy on anna's face?!