Tuesday, January 8, 2008

10 reasons...

...why I haven't blogged in 10 days
#1 - I came down with something nasty the weekend after Christmas - cough and fever - I slept for 2 days straight! Thank goodness my DH was home!
#2 - We had friends in-town/overnight for New Year's - friends that we hadn't seen in a LONG, LONG time. Hopefully, now that they're in Austin, we'll get to see them more often. Although, we do regret not getting to visit them while they were in New Zealand!
#3 - I got a new gadget for Christmas - a Palm Treo - and I've been trying to figure out how to use it. Most of my computer time has been centered around that!
#4 - I flew to OKC to help my mom load her car, then I drove it back for her. She's flying down next week. She's moving to SA and will be staying with us for a few months. Thanks to Charity, Suzy, and Kelly for helping us out those 2 days!
#5 - Christmas break - I was busy trying to keep the kids busy. They also enjoy using the computer, so we had to share.
#6 - Sending Shayne back to work and preparing the girls to go back to school. Getting back in the routine...
#7 - One of my "resolutions" was to significantly cut back on my soda pop intake, so my brain has stalled several times without the caffeine and sugar... but I'm sticking to it!
#8 - Another "resolution" - slowing down, saying no, stop writing things to do on my calendar - with 3 kids, there's always something to go and do, I'm just trying to decide more carefully how my time is spent.
#9 - Katie started her 3rd annual Girl Scout Cookie Sales, so we've been out knockin' on doors! Her goal is 312 (50 more than last year) - we're a little over 200 right now! Next year, Anna will be selling too, and I can guarantee you we will not be selling 600+ boxes, they'll just have to split the total!
#10 - all that normal household stuff - cooking, cleaning, errands... but that's not really a good excuse because we do that all the time anyway!

Hope everyone is off to a great start this year!

No more excuses for me... I promise to do my best to make it a bloggy new year!

6 comments:

Random Trails said...

Didn't you get a kitchen gadget also? What was it called?

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

You are a busy, busy, lady...Really try to work on saying, "no." It's okay...

Need to put in our order with Katie...

Blessings,
Lisa

Stacey said...

how fun to celebrate the new year with our friends from new zealand who are newly back in the states! :)

decreased caffeine has dampered my pep as well; good luck!

Jcbaron99 said...

I think you do a great job! Your busy and it's hard to make time to do lots of thing, much less blog. I'm just glad for the times you do so I can keep up with ya!
Cristie

Anonymous said...

I resolved to stop resolving about Cokes. Too many failed attempts!!!

Julie said...

At least you're doing better about blogging than I am. Soon and very soon, I will post.